Every word you say, I think I should write down. Don't want to forget come daylight.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thirty-Two - Camping and Rowan's First Therapy Session

I guess I could probably update now. We went camping last weekend in the Adirondacks at Fish Creek Pond with the Rosato family. We had a lot of fun! We left Saturday morning after dropping Riley off at the kennel and were on the road at about 8:45 a.m. We stopped for breakfast in Watertown and I think we ended up arriving at camp around 1:30? It didn't take Thane long to set up the tent (we love it!). Silver's parent's campsite was a comfortable walk away. We spent two days just eating, walking, and hanging out. The kids got to swim quite a bit on Sunday and Rowan loved that. At the Rusaw family's camp we played Hit or Miss and I really liked that game. Timeout - I hate when I do this. I do something eventful (like a vacation/trip/adventure/whatever), and then I come home and only briefly summarize the trip. I do it every time. I'll just say we had a great time and I miss Silver! I'm pretty sure on Sunday we're going to their house and we're all going to try and go to CiCi's.

Rowan has his first therapy session today. They just called me yesterday and told me. Thanks short notice. A woman will be coming here every Thursday from 11:15 to 11:45 and then every Friday from 9:45 to 10:15. The woman asked if we had pets and then expressed concern because she has allergies. Excuse me, but um wtf? What does telling me that even mean? What do you expect me to do? If it's that big of a problem, get a different job lady. Perhaps you shouldn't have a job that requires you to go to people's houses that have pets, which is normal (seriously, she acted so disappointed and like almost disgusted that we dare have animals). I hope I like her better in person. More importantly, I hope Rowan likes her. I hope she will really work with him in ways that will benefit him.

It's 10:15 now, which means she'll be here in an hour, so I suppose I should start getting prepared.

No comments: