Every word you say, I think I should write down. Don't want to forget come daylight.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Two - Stress & The Future

So I gave up my first attempt at this, which means I can't promise any commitment to this next go at it. I also gave up job hunting. Instead I applied to, and got accepted into SUNY Oswego, where I will start in the fall. I will be going to finish my bachelor's degree in Adolescence Education, English. A lot of other things have happened. I've been really stressful lately. I know it's only temporary, but there's always that chance that it's not. Things really could go wrong and stay wrong. Why not? It happens. Right now we're facing a furlough that would affect Thane's job, thus in turn affecting the whole family/household. He already lost his raise because of the economy. We were denied health insurance through a state program (that we qualified for based on income guidelines) because Thane is a state employee. Now we pay $180 a month just to belong to an insurance plan, instead of the $50 we were paying. Rowan has an evaluation tomorrow morning. He may need speech therapy at the least. I'm trying to keep my head up, I am. I just have days.

One of the things that has us still clinging to and believing in hope is that our financial aid awards are ridiculous. They're generous and we expect about a $22k-24k refund for the 2010-11 school year. That's from both Thane and I going to school. Some of it is loan money we are borrowing from the government, but we'll do what we feel we need to do to make it to this next level. Everyone is in debt. It's part of the American way. If Thane graduates before I do with his degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, he'll search for a job to get his feet wet in around here while I finish up. After I graduate, we are getting out of here. We mean it this time. We have a list of places we would like to visit and explore. Potential new hometowns. Places with thriving streets/communities. With shops and restaurants galore. With live music and excellent school systems. We can do this.

Now, what will keep me motivated to update this? I have a wonderful husband with whom I share every single thought with, a beautiful, perfect little boy who fills up my days with laughter and kisses. How am I so uninspired, in this sense? Maybe if I start simple? Update with a little bit every day? Maybe a picture and a few words? We'll see. I'd love to stick to this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See. You did continue. You are on entry 16 (maybe 17?)! I am going to keep reading now. ha. Good thing Vin is working late :-)