Every word you say, I think I should write down. Don't want to forget come daylight.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Eight - Good Morning

I've updated my profile on here. Added my interests (though I need to update it with real interests), books, movies, all that stuff. I'm trying to stay away from Facebook today. Thane and I didn't watch the Idol results yet and someone always posts a status about it and spoils it, so I'm trying to avoid that. Lame. Haha.

Yesterday, after Rowan's evaluation, we went to Daddy Ed's in Mexico. Love, love, LOVE that place. Their french toast is seriously the best around. Nick and Jenn got ahold of us and wanted to hang out, so we made plans with them for mid afternoon when Jenn was finished with a meeting. Around 3, the four of us took Rowan to the bounce house at the mall. He loves it there. We do too! It's only $5 for an hour or $6 for two and you only pay for your children. This time there was a boy for him to pal around with and a little girl who wouldn't stop giving him hugs. Too cute. After our hour was up we headed home and made cheeseburgers for dinner. We capped the evening off with a game of Balderdash. I won because I'm awesome, duh.

I need some new books to read. Well, I just ordered four new ones, but I fear that I'll be disappointed with them. See, about a year ago I had a streak of good finds where I read some of my current favorite books. Now I'm in a rut. I like thrillers. Not those awful Dean Koontz (Admittedly, I have liked a book or two of his) or James Patterson novels. More like psychological thrillers, disturbing family drama. Orrrr I like stories about families whose children are kidnapped, or murdered, or where one parent goes crazy and ruins everyone's lives. Hahaha. I can't help it. I like suspense and emotion both, and these types of stories seem to house the perfect balance. The author also have to be intellectual, philosophical. The words have to move me or catch me. Make me think. Every time I go to Amazon and look up a book, the other recommended books listed on that book's page are all books I already own! Haha. I have so many books. I'm thinking about purchasing a Kindle sometime, but I kind of like my large library of books. Ha.

Anyway, Rowan is finished with breakfast, so I'm going to go play "Iron man" with him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have that book for you. remind me.

Unknown said...

ok. that was a lame comment. sorry.

Jami Goldberg said...

Hahaha. You're never lame to me. <3