Every word you say, I think I should write down. Don't want to forget come daylight.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fourteen - Memorial Day Weekend

I think this was the first memorial day weekend that we didn't attend one cook out or BBQ! No one in my family wanted to/could get together. So we were expecting to just sit at home, board, and hungry for yummy family picnic food. This is essentially what ended up happening, but with a couple of activities throughout the weekend. Thane had a three day weekend. Normally he works most holidays and then banks the hours for a later day off of our choice, but this time his work made all of the employees to take the day off. No big deal.

So Friday night we took Rowan to watch the fireworks over the lake here in town. He loved them. He kept saying there was "booming in the sky". Saturday morning we got up and walked to the parade. Rowan wasn't as interested in it as he was last year. There was a lot of "boring" stuff this year and I think he's just at that age where things need to be "exciting!". About halfway through we decided to abandon ship and walked to the war memorial where they were serving food. I got a grilled burger and homemade fries while Thane got a grilled chicken dinner with salt potatoes and Rowan had a hot dog and shared my fries. So we sort of got our cookout food (though it still wasn't as yummy as it would have been had my family done it). We didn't have any cash on us and there was no ATM machine close by, so Rowan wasn't able to ride any of the rides at the carnival set up behind the war memorial. We thought maybe we'd bring him back on Sunday to ride some, but he forgot all about it and that was fine with us.

Other than that we spend a lot of time in the backyard. We got Rowan a big plastic pool and filled that up for him. He really loved that.

I got my new camera lens in the mail on Friday! I experimented with it and took some pictures of the fireworks, parade, and Rowan playing in his pool. I'll make another post with pictures in the next couple of days after I sort through them all.

Thane's classes start tomorrow. That means I have to start helping cook meals. Haha. I just hate cooking! Thane is good at it and he likes to cook, so we've just fallen into a pattern where he's the cook. We get picked on all the time for it, but whatever. Who says women have to cook? Dumb.

Thane has a dentist appointment this afternoon. Then when he gets home we're heading to Rowan's first t-ball night. I hope he likes it. He'll be the boy who stands on the field singing/dancing/doing anything but paying attention to the game. I know it. Haha.

No comments: